Web presence has become a must for businesses in the year 2022, irrespective of their size or reach. Given its wide expanse, ubiquity, and cost-effectiveness, the Internet has become a favorite with buyers and sellers alike. Web sites have to cater to a wide range of aspects to make an impact on their users. Design, content, links, search engine friendliness, hosting, etc. are just some of the factors that influence the functionality of a website.
There was a time in the not-so-distant past when services like web hosting weren’t considered affordable for small businesses. Thankfully, with the evolution of the World Wide Web, several companies entered this domain and started offering hosting services at cheap rates, and even free of cost. To stay afloat in this competitive market 2021, such service providers promise the best of services, but often do not live up to the expectations of their customers.
Pros Of Choosing A Reasonably-Priced Web Hosting Provider
Being a business owner, you should be well-aware of the pros and cons of the web hosting services you choose for your site. Listed below are the benefits of opting for a reasonably-priced service provider:
- You should be able to get good services without spending too much money on hosting your site – the amount can be as little as $5 a month.
- The disk space provided by these service providers is usually in the range of 10-70 GB. Plus, the bandwidth offered could go up to 500 GB. Considering the price, this amount is good enough for your web business if you are just a startup.
- These companies provide for Windows and Unix servers, and therefore, easily cater to general web hosting requirements of all types of businesses. However, in most cases, you may want to choose Linux web hosting servers for your website.
- The upfront costs for starting your online journey should not be much.
Cons Of Choosing A Cheap Web Hosting Provider
The following are the disadvantages of opting for an inexpensive service for hosting your website:
- Such companies make up for their low pricing by either reducing the level of their customer support or increasing their rates later. So, please clarify their future rates after your initial contract expires with these companies.
- It is believed that at times of crisis, such hosts are just never around. Their hosting plans are not good enough to help you during server breakdowns or instances of hacking. In most cases, these dirt cheap web hosting companies will not offer you any meaningful support.
- You may end up sharing space with other companies on the same server. This can hurt your website design and quality. It is possible that other tenants of the same server may be consuming lot more resources than your website does thus harming its performance considerably.
What Should You Do?
As we mentioned elsewhere in another blog post, the single most important factor from your perspective should be to find a web host which provides excellent customer service. So, as a business owner, you should ensure that you get services by the payment you shell out. Opt for a service that is both efficient and economical.