What type of content should you write during COVID-19 & beyond? That is a question we hear often from customers from all parts of the world. These are challenging times for us all. So many of us are in distress. Many people have lost their loved ones. The unemployment rates are rising in several countries. So, what is the best way to market your products and services while the coronavirus pandemic is still taking its toll in many parts of the world?
Due to the lockdowns being implemented in different countries, consumers have been changing their shopping and searching attitudes. Your customers rightly believe that you, as a brand, will be able to help them come out of this turmoil. We agree with what the general public thinks. However, you, as a marketer need to have empathy about how your target customers are thinking and behaving online?
What Type Of Content Should You Write During COVID-19 Pandemic?
Whichever website you visit these days, you will see them talking about coronavirus. But, for you, as a digital marketer, the fundamental question should be to differentiate yourself from the pack by creating the content people will keep on visiting even after the pandemic is over. You need to have a clear idea of how to prepare yourself for the post-COVID world.
Before we dive deeper into the nitty-gritty details of the digital marketing strategies you should adopt to market your business, let`s try to understand what is the purpose of content marketing?
Purpose Of Content Marketing
The most important objective of content marketing is to help your audience solve their problems. During these challenging times when many people around us are suffering, we need to provide them the content which helps them handle their day-to-day issues a little easier. So, what content should we write these days?
What Should Be Your Content Strategy These Days?
- Focus on how you can help your target audience without asking anything in return. If possible, do not promote your products and services these days.
- Closely monitor how the visitors are consuming your content and be ready to make adjustments as and when the need may arise.
- Closely watch the rapidly changing scenario locally and internationally and act accordingly. Read the marketing signals in your target industry and be ready to make changes immediately.
- Do not write the content if it is not relevant to the current situation. But, in case you are part of an industry that is considered essential these days, do write about how you could help the community you are serving.
- Change the title of your content if it could upset your readers in the present circumstances
- Make your COVID-19 post-announcement sticky on your site so that everybody can see it when they visit your website
- Do not stop publishing your regular content, but, DO NOT promote it aggressively at least these days. Publishing the content now will help you in getting better SEO ranking when the pandemic is over.
- Thoroughly research the field you want to write the content about. People will value the deep content over a shallow piece of writing in the long run.
The above-mentioned suggestions are general ones. Some of them may apply to your industry whole others may not. Let us discuss which industries may need a specific type of content.
Content Suggestions For Various Industries
- Travel is one of the hardest industries due to COVID-19. More and more people are driving their own cars instead of using public transport. Air travel has decreased almost 90%. We have seen a surge in traffic for terms like travel insurance. People are looking for information about travel insurance and how it can help them.
- Virtual Travel: Many people are now searching for content about virtal travel. It seems to be gaining popularity as more people find themselves stuck at home.
- Work/Education: People are constantly looking for gadgets and or content related to online education/virtail classes, free online courses or home office etc. They are looking for tips on how to stay productive while away from their physical offices.
- Entertainment, streaming services are gaining traction for quite some time now.
- Online shopping/Ecommerce: The COVID-19 era has speeded up the digital transormation of societies and communities. Now, ever larger number of people are shopping online to avoid crowds etc.
- Financial worries are skyrocketting. What can you do to provide guidance or relief to the people who are suffering?
- Health & Fitness: This is perhaps the most important idnustry which has seen a great surge in the demand of its demand.
In the end, we would like to hear your thoughts on what content you should write during the pandemic. Please contact us at email@example.com